Wednesday 28 April 2010

At the end of every winter, there is always a summer

A while ago, I posted a link on my page requesting a little sunshine please....and it seems my magic genie or fairygod mother or guardian angel was listening, because for the past two weeks or so, the sun has been shining brighter than I could ever have imagined.  The skys are an endless blue without a cloud in the sky, and everything seems to brighter and more illuminated by the rays of sunshine.  I have stopped listening to my music walking to work, and rather listen to the birds singing, and taking in the wonderful feeling that I am getting from this wonderful season that is unfolding everyday.

Spring is an amazing thing when you actually notice it happening....the spring blossoms everywhere, the warmer weather and everyone changing from heavy coats to t-shirts and flip flops.  I have noticed the change of season much more this year because of the drastic difference between the winter season to the spring.  It seems so much more noticable than ever before.  I have really come to appreciate the sunny days after the cold days and I guess in a way its a good thing. 

Sometimes we need a little bit of cold to appreciate the warm, the dark, to appreciate the light and maybe sometimes we are meant to have bad times so that when the good times come, we really do appreciate them more!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer". ~Albert Camus


No comments: