Sunday 5 December 2010

Happy 16th Birthday, my gorgeous son!



I can clearly remember the first time I saw you.......you had glowing red hair and the most beautiful face.  Perfect white skin and the cutest little button nose, just like mine.  And I was so proud to take you home and show you off to everyone, because you were such a beautiful baby.  I fondly remember feeding you and the wonderful feeling of looking down at you, as you lay your tiny little hand on my chest. 

Then you started to grow into the most wonderful little boy.  And although I never always said it, I have always been so incredibly proud of you.  The thing I love most is just how kind you are, and what a big heart you have.  I have seen the concern on your face when you realised that a begger was hungry and you rushed to get them left overs to eat.  You have something very special in your heart, and I love you more because of it.

It was not easy leaving you behind, and I sometimes wish things could have turned out differently.  But I guess this is what life is all about, it twists and turns and never quite works out the way we would like it to.  And sometimes although bad things happen, which seem pretty rubbish we look back and understand why they happened in the first place. 

Having been 16 myself once a long time ago, I know what a mess we are because our hormones play havoc with our heads....so I hope that you understand that some of the crazy things going on in your body and in your head, all come down to you changing from a boy into a man, and that they will pass. 

I wish you a wonderful year ahead, and I look so forward to seeing you again soon, because I miss you more than I can express in words.

I love you so much my baby boy, because that is what you will always be, no matter how old you are.

"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes." ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

No comments: