Wednesday 7 April 2010

Rebirth

Easter has always been a favourite time of the year for me.  I just love the spirit of it.  Sometimes its more fun for me than Christmas because its all the fun and excitement without the pressure!  Not to mention its the only day of the year you can indulge in so much rubbish and know its ok, because everyone is doing the same!

But this year Easter had a very different, yet fulfilling purpose for me.  Easter, although advertised as the time when the Easter bunny visits, has a much more profound message for Christians.  Now, not to go into too much here.....its basically all about rebirth.  And I took this to heart this year and felt it was time to put to rest, the bitter, angry and just misrable person I have been for quite some time now.  I was getting rather tired of it as I am sure you all have been!  It was also irony that Easter fell on my ex-wedding anniversary and I honestly thought it would be quite symbolic.  Plus, and this is the best part, its wondeful to have Easter in the Spring because it really does feel like a rebirth.

Peace.  Contentment.  Calm.  Its how I feel today.  I dont know why or how, but it seems to have worked, because I should be running around screaming and in a state.  But today, I am allowing the drama to just be.  I am too mellow to fight the cause or put up any resistance.  There is so much going on as always, and yet I just dont feel like getting into the usual flap.  Perhaps its the change of season or the fresh spring scent in the air.....perhaps its that I made the decision to just get on with it, but today I like how I feel and its optimistic,  and I know, no matter how big this mountain is, I will get there.....

Something interesting I stumbled across, it appears I have been driving with the brakes on for sometime.....

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?"
-- Mary Manin Morrissey


No comments: